Tuesday, December 5, 2017

The Wonderful Oil Paintings of Ron Guthrie

 
These beautiful oil paintings are by my friend, Ron Guthrie. I met him at one of the group shows we were both participating in through our local artists' guild in 2008. You know that feeling when you see someone and you’re drawn to them because you know they’re a kind person and you just want to be around them? That’s what happened to me. I immediately thought, “I want to meet this guy” so I walked up to him and introduced myself.
 
  



Since then I’ve come to know him just as he appeared to me that day: kind, energetic, happy, funny, welcoming, someone who makes you feel good about yourself. Someone I utterly  adore. 


These are some of my favorite paintings of his. I love the feeling of space and openness, the softness and delicateness, the light and shadows. I want to be in these quiet, beautiful places enjoying the warmth and peace, don’t you? 



If you are thinking about art as a gift, maybe even for yourself, and you love what you see, please visit his web site or his blog to see more. I love his pen and ink drawings, too.  Aren't they wonderful?

 


1 comment: