Monday, April 25, 2016

SAMA 2016 in San Diego

View from my room

Earlier this month I attended my eighth SAMA (Society of American Mosaic Artists) Conference, this year in San Diego. Loved seeing my old pals and making some new ones, including my late mother's cousin's wife, which was a wonderful surprise!  

The mosaic art salon is always a highlight.  This year I helped set it up, which was fun and a nice way to contribute to an organization that is run by almost all volunteers.  I also sold my mosaic at the salon, this piece titled Reverie.  It is 5x10" and made with stained glass and millefiori.  



Reverie, 5x10"

I found some fun ceramic tiles from Amber's Artistry and glass fusions from Bonin Glass Designs at the vendor marketplace that I am very excited about using in my upcoming mosaics!  



Amber's Artistry
Bonin Glass Designs

I also enjoyed beautiful art at the MAI Exhibition, entertaining and informative presentations, cutting glass at the mosaic marathon, and a couple great workshops including exploring the line in mosaic art with Rachel Sager which I highly recommend!  Here is my sample board and I can't wait to experiment with what I learned in my next project. 


Looking forward to my ninth conference next year in Detroit, see you there!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment