Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 in review

At Flickr, it is a tradition for some mosaic artists to post a compilation photo of the work we did that year. Here is mine. In 2010 I made 16 mosaics: 5 trades, 4 commissions, 3 sold artworks, 1 gift, and a partridge in a pear tree, haha. Three of the mosaics have not yet sold. Two are in galleries and one will be coming with me to Austin, TX for the SAMA Conference and Mosaic Salon. So I'm pretty happy with this year's accomplishments!
In addition to these mosaics, I also made some progress on my book.
Here is a compilation photo of my book progress. I was able to finish four mosaics for the book, each 15x24". I'm hoping to get at least that many completed this year, if not more.

My other successes for 2010:
I exhibited my artwork in 10 shows, and for the first time, two of the galleries were outside of California (Ciel Gallery, Charlotte, NC and Maplestone Gallery, Ontario, Canada).
I attended my 2nd SAMA Conference in Chicago where I took three workshops to further my art education.
I received two people's choice awards, one for Beautiful Anyway and one for Toby the Goby.
My mosaic, Portia, was published in the new book, Mosaic Fine Art Portraits.
And I am awaiting the next steps after learning I have moved on to the design phase of a project I applied for at my local hospitals! Will keep you posted. :)

All in all, 2010 was a great year. I look forward to much more success and many more accomplishments in 2011 and I wish all of you the same!!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great year, Christine. All the best for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane! I wish you the best for 2011, too. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Christine! Great work and more to come. All good things in the year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely thing to do Christine! Was it done in Flickr? Well done on your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Connie, you, too!
    Thanks Concetta! Yes, it was done on Flickr. If you're interested, here is the link: http://bighugelabs.com/ Click on "mosaic maker."

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always great to see an artist succeed after a short period of time. You have put in your hard work, and your even longer hours. Many congratulations, and much more success your way. Many work a lifetime and aren't able to accomplish what you have. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Rayna! I wish you much success with your mosaics! :)

    ReplyDelete